Monday 6 January 2014

Draft Q7 of Evaluation


Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back to the start of September when we made out Preliminary task it is evident that I have learnt a lot in the past few months! We created the Preliminary task using Photoshop just to get used to the programme, however we created our magazines using InDesign which was a much more professional programme to use.

Compared to Photoshop, InDesign offers a wider range of tools and elements that helped me to make my magazine more professional, whereas if we would have created the magazine on Photoshop, there is a limited amount you can do compared to InDesign. InDesign also dramatically speeds up the process as its main purpose is actually creating magazines. In regards to images, I felt that the pictures I took for my magazine were much better than the pictures I took for my Preliminary task. The white screen we used in the photoshoot helps to establish the professional feel that I was trying to capture in the making of my magazine.

Looking back to the front cover of my Preliminary magazine it is evident how much more professional my actual magazine looks. The photos are of a better quality, the sell lines have a nicer layout and overall it looks like more time and effort has been put into it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment